Thursday, February 22, 2007

My pick for Best Picture

I know everyone is thinking the Oscar for Best Picture will be The Departed... sorry Ryan, but it IS what everyone is saying.... including all the polls... however, this year I am going against the grain... (like last year when I voted for CRASH and it won!!) This year my pick for Best Picture is BABEL. What a remarkable thought-provoking film! It reminded me of Crash. The acting was superb, the writing was very true to life, it has amazing perspective shots, just overall a really good film. Even if I lose on the ballot for voting for it, I don't care! It was in my opinion the best picture, and if you know me, you know I liked The Departed a lot and really wanted it to win, but that all changed on Tuesday night when I watched BABEL.

I also would like the following actors to win:
Best Actor - Leonardo DiCaprio (I think he deserved it years ago for What's Eating Gilbert Grape)
Best Actress - Kate Winslet (1 of my top 3 favorite actressess)
Best Supporting Actor - Djimon Hounsou (So good in Blood Diamond and EVERY movie he is in)
Best Supporting Actress - Adriana Barraza (from BABEL - she was amazing)

Here is who I think WILL win:
Best Actor - Forrest Whitaker
Best Actress - Helen Mirren
Best Supporting Actor - Eddie Murphy or possible Alan Arkin
Best Supporting Actress - Jennifer Hudson

We will see this Sunday at 5:00 pacific time... I'm looking forward to Ellen Degeneres hostiing, she is hilarious!

2 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like your synopsis here K. This is the direction you should go in with your blog. I can't wait to see Babel! Netflix was supposed to send it for arrival today, but those punks sent Marie Antoinette instead...I wanted to see this before oscars, though it doesnt look like this is going to happen...As long as the Departed doesnt win, I will be happy.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Thanks Ry. I really think you are going to LOVE Babel... let me know after you watch it what you think? Hey, quick tip... I think Marie Antoinette will win for best costume... just a little tip ffrom me to you.

Looking forward to Sunday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home