Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Miners in West Virginia

I went to bed last night rejoicing in the miracle that CNN was reporting the 12 of the 13 miners trapped for 40 hours were alive. The families all filled with unbelievable joy and relief. I wanted to stay awake because there was a promise that the survivors would be taken over to the church where all the families were waiting... but sleep overcame me and I went to bed. At about 9am this morning I turned on CNN to get an update only to find out that the report that the 12 miners were alive was erroneous and in fact the numbers were switched and only 1 miner had lived. I was SHOCKED and so saddened for the families who were all rejoicing last night only to find out 3 hours later that they were not alive but dead. My heart is grieving for these families. Here is a link to an article if you are interested. Anger, sorrow as relatives are told only one US miner survived blast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home